Had breast cancer and now having bad nipple pain. Is it related?

i had breast cancer on my leftdbreast at the age of 35 had very bad nipple pain told me it was just change i lost my breast now after 7 years having the same pain on my right breast

Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 46 minutes later
dear patient

with your medical history and cancer at such an early age, these symptoms are not to be taken lightly. When women get breast cancer at such an early age, it may be related to some altered genes (brca 1 and 2) that actually increase the risk of breast cancer in both breasts; thus my advise is to get in touch with your gynecologist so that an ultrasound and mammogram could be arranged

truly yours

Dr Brenes Salazar
Mayo Clinic MN