Had blood test. How do I get the results in the measure of number of cells in millions?

Pulmonologist
Question
I completed blood tests and the results or listed in /hpf, how do I get the results in the measure of number of cells in millions like on other labs work
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ask them to do TLC specifically... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Ask your lab to do total leucocyte count. /hpf is reported in routine microscopy of urine, CSF or other body fluids...not in case of blood. ASk them specifically to do total leucocyte count.... Best wishes

Follow-up: Had blood test. How do I get the results in the measure of number of cells in millions? 2 hours later
My mistake on previous question. The test was a urine test. so I just want to know( How can I determine if my WBC is low or not when using hpf format, reported normal range is 0 - 5 and mine is 0?) is that good or bad?

Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Its a good finding Detailed Answer: WBC in urine signifies urine tract infection (UTI). Some cells may be filtered, so the range 0-5. Level of '0' signifies absence of infection based on this criteria... so just relax and enjoy... Best wishes