Had bleeding in the brain. MRI showed deviaition of the pituitary stalk to the right. Any suggestion?

I have a few health issues began in 2008 with a blead on the brain. Once blood was absorbed have a cyst that is monitored on a yearly basis for changes. Last MRI showed a deviaition of the pituitary stalk to the right. Dr. suggested we monitor hormores as no signal changes in that area. I have sjogrens and numerous gastro issues. Currrently unable to work. Stroke weakened the left side of body. Now MRI done of lumbar spine shows a possible cyst on my right kidney and suggests CT or ultra sound. I was in to gastro doctor last week and he ordered HIDA Scan with CCK insurance will not cover. He did this prior to results of MRI, I had gone in due to upper abdonal swelling with pain across upper abdomen he felt might be gall bladder. I still have pain that is increasing. Any suggestions.
Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
Your CVA and resultant hemiplegia is unfotunately resulted in a remnent cyst, it's size needs to to watched and offcourse the hormone of pituitary as you are already doing. The cysts of the kindneys are mostly incidentalomas and do not cause any trouble and are silent accompaniment.
But your pain issue is a concern.
An ultrasound abdomen is a very good option for diagnosing the abdominal problems including cholecystitis, renal stones or cysts or tumors.
You can have it by an experienced radiologist at your place before embarking on HIDA with CCK etc. which need to be done only if necessary..
I hope the advise would be useful for you.