Had bit lower lip and tore some skin. It is sore and red. After applying salt turned yellow. Cure?

I bit my lower lip yesterday and tore some skin off. Today I wake up and sore is red. Later on throughout the day after applying salt to the wound, it turns yellow. Then white 5 hrs later
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 1 hour later
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
Do not panic.
You should have applied ice over the local area.
Please apply some antibiotic cream to the local area.Please do not lick the wound for a few days.Avoid hot,spicy food.It should heal in a few days.
Hope this answers your query.
If you have any other queries kindly direct them to me.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Had bit lower lip and tore some skin. It is sore and red. After applying salt turned yellow. Cure? 23 minutes later
Could I possibly have a cold sore? I made out with another female last night while it was still in the blister stage. Due to the sore not being popped or possible fluids exposed... Nothing could have been passed to her correct? Is there a patch that I can purchase at walgreens to prevent me from licking the actual sore? It's a green puss like color as of rt now.
Resembled more of a clear white bubble like pimple at the time we kissed. Should I be concerned for her health at this point. It was one of those caught up the moment kind of moments?
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
You should have mentioned this before.However if the other person does not have any contagious disease it is unlikely that you will be affected.
Please don't apply any patch will not adhere.Apply some local antibiotics.
Consult a doctor if other symptoms creep up.