Had bilateral mastectomy. Getting prickly sensation under arm. What is causing this?

I had a bilateral mastectomy 11 years ago, I had 7 lymph nodes removed on the left and 1 on the right. Once in a great while I get a prickly sensation under my arm. Can someone tell me what might cause this?
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
Some times there is an inadvertent myogenic twitch that is unintended contraction of muscle due to sudden firing of nerves.
It continues to happen all over the body.
It is painless and hardly noticeable.
You are noticing it because the muscle is surrounded by post surgical scar tissue which is not as flexible as twitching muscles.
So it is not serious and it does not indicate cancer recurrence.
I think I have answered your query up to the XXXXXXX
Wish you a great health!