Had appendix burst, gall bladder out, been diagnosed with IBS. Blood test done. Have cyst in eye. Treatment?

hi, I am 43, with family history of cad, diabetes and high cholesterol. I have been on healthy and my whole life until i donated my kidney to my dad. from there over the next 10 years I have had my appendix burst, gall bladder out, been diagnosed with ibs, restless leg, neuropathy in feet, acid reflux and through multiple meds over the last three years gained 50lbs I cannot get off. I just recently was diagnosed with thryoid and had blood test results of cholesterol with 239 hdl 39, triglycerides 1553. I have what they thought was a ganglangan(SP?) cyst on my wrist but i reading am thinking it is probably a xanthomas. I have them on my eyes as well and what looks like one on the top of my foot. It seems my doctors are missing something, any ideas?
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Indeed, you have suffered a lot after you donated your kidney to your dad.
You have very high levels of triglycerides and generally, the cause for this is obesity, Diabetes, alcoholism, underactive thyroid, and consumption of heavy amounts of carbohydrates and fats.

Since such high levels of triglyceride are associated with possibility of acute pancreatitis, you must make sure that these levels are brought to normal.
Controlling your thyroid, reducing your sugar intake, quitting alcohol, if any and taking a combination of statin along with a fibrate and reduction of weight by exercises are the main principals of treatment for reduction of triglycerides level.

As far as swelling on wrist is concerned, it is a ganglion of wrist and normally it is left of its own and no treatment is imparted unless and until, it results in severe pain.
Treatment, of course, is a surgical removal.
As far as the fat deposition on eyes as well as on top of foot is concerned, they may remain there even if your cholesterol and triglycerides levels become normal.

Make sure that your thyroid levels, cholesterol levels are brought to normal.
You must take your regular medication as advised by your doctor.

If you have something in your mind regarding any particular thing, you may let me know and I would try to reply it with best of my knowledge.
Best of luck