Had angioplasty done. Feeling breathlessness, pain in leg and not able to walk even 100 meters. What to do?

4 months ago I had angioplasty.After that I am unable to walk even 100 meters due to breathlessness and pain in right leg (thigh to leg). I am using nebilol-h, rezonex and ecosprin, and satins. can u please suggest me as to what i have to do.My average blood pressure is 145/90
my e-mail address is : YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 39 minutes later

The information you have given is not detailed enough...
Pain right leg may mean blocking of the artery - from the same process, affecting the heart can also affect here. Pain on walking is highly suggestive. You may needed Doppler studies for proper evaluation.

Muscle pain can be from statin - especially calf. You may have to do CK levels in blood
Pain may also be from thrombosis or infection of veins....

Breathing difficulty at 100 meters? It means moderate to severe heart failure. Sometimes, anginal pain is mistaken for breathlessness

The best option will be to go back to TO YOUR TREATING CARDIOLOGIST. AS SOON AS POSSIBLE > It will be BETTER TO GET ADMITTED > You may need several investigations to be repeated - ECG, X-ray Chest, enzymes ECHOcardiography and so on

Proper assessment and assistance needs investigations -history and examination alone are not all enough - Earlier, the better.

God bless you
Wish you speedy recovery
Good luck
Follow-up: Had angioplasty done. Feeling breathlessness, pain in leg and not able to walk even 100 meters. What to do? 23 hours later
Respected Dr.Anantharamakrishnan,
Many thanks for suggestion and I will undergo all the tests suggested.

Another point also I would like bring to your notice that, particularly after taking lunch and sleeping for about half an hour and then walking down to my office which is about 200 meters - causes a feeling of very heaviness and feeling of short of breath rather very inconvinience. If I donot sleep, less the inconvinience ( may be a notable point).Some times in the night also after dinner.If u can reply to this I will be grateful to you.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later

The meaning of this also similar –

Eating diverts blood for digestion, at the expense of other areas.
Heart need more blood to pump - more for walking need.

If the block in blood vessel is not allowing more blood to flow - you get pain / heaviness. This may mean the angioplasty is not effective now -a new block or block in the dilated area (Even the stent gets blocked) has come.

The heart then is not able to pump blood forward well. There is backlog in the lungs - they become heavy and breathlessness is the result.

Eat smaller quantities / more number of times / Finish supper 2 to 3 hours before bed.

In summary, you need to see your treating doctor again - may have to repeat > the angio to check the patency of the angioplasty / X-ray to see fluid in lungs / ECHO to see heart function.

Hope I have clarified your doubt.