Had anal sex without condom. What are the chances of passing genital herpes?

What are the chances that I passed genital herpes,,, I am a woman, I had sexual contact,, mainly anal,without the use of condom, or my medicine,,, anus penetrated,, I had no outbreak,, and vagina,, not sure penetrated,m but skin in skin contact?
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk if no current infection

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare Magic!

I need to know the details of your medical condition to help you better. Have you been diagnosed with herpes infection? Did you have an outbreak of herpetic lesions at the time of exposure.

Anus and rectum are loaded with germs so it is advised that you should have used barrier precautions.
If you are not infected and not a carrier then probably there is no risk of transmission of herpes.

I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Had anal sex without condom. What are the chances of passing genital herpes? 4 hours later
I have genital herpes.. I contracted it 5 years ago, or so,, I am concerned that I may have passed it to this guy... I had no outbreak, at the time,,, but I understand, I could still carry the virus.. I have had outbreaks in the past,, I did not have one during contact,, I was not taking acyclovir nor a condom... What is the percentage,, that I could have passed the virus,, to him?? I am feeling terribly guilty, I did nt inform him of my condition,, it was a one night stand ... Please tell me any exact statistics if possible,,, thAnks...
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Little chance of spread of herpes

Detailed Answer:

The herpes infection gives the virus for life.

Since you are not having the lesions now so probably the guy would not get it. However some females who have XXXXXXX lesions not visible outside may still infect their partners. In that case the barrier or the immunity of the exposed person are the only safety.

Due to diverse variation of factors affecting the spread, the exact statistics is not practical. And I can only say there is a little chance of spread. I am unable to give you the figures.

I hope you will be cautious and wise in future.