Had an intercourse. Taking monsovitplus. When can we expect her period?

hi, my girl friends last periods is on 6,7,8 may 2012.. we had intercourse on 20th may 2012.. yesterday and day before she took mensovitplus 6 tabulets.. that is one tabulate a time.. whn can we expect her periods to start. we are not ready to consult with any local doctors since its our home town and most of the people know us.. what is the solution..
Posted Sun, 1 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 59 minutes later
Thanks for writing in,
Generally after taking this type of medicine usually period comes within 5-7 days.
If she did not get period, she needs to undergo a urine pregnancy test. The kit is available at the local chemist. She needs to use an early morning urine sample for the same.
Do not go for self medication as some times it may create problems like excessive bleeding. This can prove fatal as well. I would suggest that she consults a gynecologist and get her examined.
I hope I have answered your query.
If you have any further query or clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.
I will be happy to help.
Follow-up: Had an intercourse. Taking monsovitplus. When can we expect her period? 26 minutes later
thank you so much sir.. I hope we solve this issue in this better way.. And also I want you to suggest me a good gynecologist in Coimbatore who keep things confidential and help us.. and I wish you can suggest me some tablets for precautions for our future intercourse..

Thank you,

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Thanks for writing back.
Any gynecologist you consult will always keeps any thing he/she found secret so nothing to worry. I do not have specific recommendations.
If she is your long loving partner better go for oral contraceptive pills, to avoid side effects and pleasurable sexual intercourse. Alternatively you can go for condom for regular use.
I answered your query.
If you do not have any clarification,you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.