Ask a Urologist   »  

Had alcohol and noticed that vagina was burning and irritated when pee. Related?

General Surgeon
Okay so I'm 17 and a female and last night I went out with a bunch of friends and started drinking a lot of alcohol. Well today I noticed that my vagina was burning and it feels a little bit irritated when I pee and it burns. Is it because of the alcohol ? Or could it be from sexual activity? I'm not sure
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is due to sexual activity.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting in XXXXXXX

The symptoms that you have mentioned is most like due to sexual activity and not alchohol. Trauma or infection following sexual activity may be the cause of this burning.

I prescribe antibiotics like Levofloxacin and Metronidazole to prevent infection; anti inflammatory medicines to my patients with similar complaints. Your local doctor will know about these drugs.

Please drink plenty of water

Hope I answered your query.

If you have any questions, I will clarify further.

Wish you good health