Had abortion. Having pain. Took drotin. Serious?

hi doc
this is abt my wife; she is 18years old or was aborted on 9th may after having 2 in half month pregnancy due to mis carriage. now on 20th having pain in her belly? for that i gave her is it save or enough for her sumthing serious?
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later
After an abortion it is common to have mild pain in the lower abdomen which is spasmodic in nature. An antispasmodic like Drotin usually takes care of such mild pain. She needs to have rest, take drotin thrice a day after meals and can do a hot fomentation in the lower abdomen for relief.
This pain will gradually subside in next two weeks. Please do not worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had abortion. Having pain. Took drotin. Serious? 10 minutes later
thank u doctor!
one more quireis i have plz..
upto wat tym she dont consive baby? n upto wat tym v dnt sleep together?

before our marriage she had whiteness problem n was cured.after marriege she cant consive baby upto 13 month, its nt means we r taking precaution. after treated by one of my ayurvedic medical friend, she consived on 11 feb 13 or v recognise on march 2013.after 2in a half month c got msicarriage...hope iwil get best answer from u...
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Following abortion, next 1-2 cycle may be irregular but after that, period becomes normal as like previous in most women. Therefore, one should start to plan for conceiving after 3 cycles at least after regularization of period.

If period is regularized, then you should calculate ovulation time that occurs approx 14 days before next due date. Ovulation prediction kit is also very much helpful in context to predict ovulation and you should prepare for that day for unprotected sex for highest possibility of pregnancy.

In these 3 months, your wife may take folic acid & vitamin E supplements with healthy diet.

Do some basic things also to improve fertility:
1) Avoid stress by yoga/deep breathing regularly (20-30 times).
2) Drink plenty of fluids/water and eat leafy vegetables & fruits.
3) Control body weight by regular physical exercise.
4) Maintain personal hygiene and need proper sleeping.

Before planning next pregnancy, it is better to undergo some investigation to rule out causes of previous abortion like TORCH profile, Blood gr & Rh typing of both (to check Rh incompatibility), Blood sugar (PPBS), Test for chromosomal abnormality, Progesterone level after ovulation etc.

Taking folic acid & vitamin E in preconception period are very much helpful to improve fertility & in brain development of fetus during pregnancy.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Had abortion. Having pain. Took drotin. Serious? 8 minutes later
thanks once again doc!
yaah she had period date ups n down. wat to do for that to make her tymly period...
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
The periods will regularize on their own in 2-3 months. There is no need of treatment unless the bleeding is too heavy or prolonged.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards