Had abdominal hysterectomy. Terrible mood swings, hot flashes, lack of libido. Can I get a combipatch?

I would like to see if i can get a prescription for the combipatch or similar whatever is the best patch. I had a abdominal hysterectomy 6 years ago. my mood swings are terrible, Hot flashes are pretty bad but not as bad as the Mood swings and lack of libido. It does not exist. I'm affraid I am gonna end up in divorce if it doesn't change .
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later

I can understand your concern. For severe symptoms of menopause like you are having, Both hormonal and non hormonal options are available for these symptoms.

But it is advisable to use these drugs only after a doctor’s prescription. It is not to be taken without a medical supervision. Your doctor may decide that the benefits outweigh the risks in individual circumstances and after a careful assessment of your specific health situation can prescribe the patch or therapy best suitable for you.

Since I haven’t physically examined you, it is inappropriate and unethical to
prescribe you scheduled drugs that you can order online. I am bound by the rules of law to not to give any online prescriptions.

I would encourage you to review with a competent gynecologist for detailed evaluation and the treatment

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.