Had a vaginal sonogram and multiple cystic lesions. Lining looks complex, overweight and diabetic. Further treatment?

Had a vaginal sonogram. Showed multiple cystic lesions. Lining looks complex. No vascularity. 62 yr old...over weight diabetic. Doctor wants to do d & c and hystercopy.
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
needs detail report

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
I have gone through your query. I need your sonogram report in detail for further comments.
1. Are Cystic lesions in uterus or ovaries?
2. What are your symptoms like pain or increased bleeding?
3. Are ovaries are normal or not?

Possibly report has mentioned all the findings.

Looking forward for your response.

Follow-up: Had a vaginal sonogram and multiple cystic lesions. Lining looks complex, overweight and diabetic. Further treatment? 7 minutes later
Lesions in uterus. No symptoms whatsoever. No mention of any ovarian abnormalities. When i had the sonogram before i left the office the PA said everything was normal, but when the doctor looked at the sonogram the PA called back that evening with exactly what i typed to you. PA said since there was no vascularity it probably wasnt a problem...but I'm worried.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
less likely serious endometrial pathology.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome back and thanks for your response.
Cystic lesions in uterus can be a thickened endometrium with cystic changes or a multiple small fibroids having cystic changes.
There are two factors age and symptoms. Considering your age it is better to do further investigation like D and C for confirmation of any endometrial pathology. However there is no symptoms at all I will suggest it will be helpful if you consult your gynecologist or your family physician for second opinion.
In any case there is very less chance of any serious disease of uterus. So don't get panic and just do follow up.

How for the best. Any further doubts are welcome.