Had a stent and having bouts of jaw and back pain. Feeling like unstable angina. Should I go ER?

Hi, I had a stent put in this year, but am still having bouts of jaw and back pain. Each time I get tested the cardiac enzymes are negative and the ekg is normal. But it feels just like the unstable angina I had. I am having another bad day with it today, should I go to the ER?
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Heart Anxiety.Cause-Local Pain & Hyperacidty.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear,

Welcome to the platform of Health Care Magic,

Jaw and back pain could be because of some local muscle or nerve irritation. It requires a consultation with a doctor to rule any local pathology.

For back pain physiotherapy may work.

Cardiac muscle strain etiology is less likely as all the cardiac enzymes and EKG are normal. A stress echocardiography can be also be done. It may be done at an ER or after referral from your doctor.

One possibility is that you are anxious about having heart issues, that is why you are relating such symptoms to your heart. In fact anxiety and stress can also cause similar symptoms. May try breathing techniques for it.

Lastly Hyperacidity should also be ruled out because it also gives such symptoms.

Hope the query is answered.

Please feel free for further clarification.

Follow-up: Had a stent and having bouts of jaw and back pain. Feeling like unstable angina. Should I go ER? 1 hour later
Thank you for your reply.
I am undergoing physio already and take high doses of Nexium for reflux. However, it does not seem to explain the jaw (and sometimes arm) pain which I did have before my HA. I had heard that some people can have microvascular disease which doesn't show up on tests. Normally I am a very relaxed person and pretty sensible (I am a nurse).
Yes it is possible that one gets subconsciously nervous about cardiac things, and I will probably ask my doc for a referral for a stress test to put my mind at rest.
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Troponin T test

Detailed Answer:
Have you ever undergone Troponin T test just after your symptoms. It actually tells about any recent myocardial muscle damage.
To rule out any anginal pain you can undergo TMT, This actually shows changes in ECG during physical activity.
Even if TMT is negative then be pretty sure about the muscular pain only.

Hope for the best.