Had a semen analysis test. Motility was 69% in previous test. Advise on improving the sperm

Infertility Specialist
XXXXXXX ....Just got my semen results semen volume: 3.5. / semen ph: 8.5 / motility progressive : 30 % / normal forms: 75% / abnormal forms : 25% / immature forms: 0 / sperm count: 45.0 / motility score 100 out of 150 they consider it out range / semen WBC/hpf : 0-2 / semen rbc/hpf : 0 ...I had a previous test and the motility was 69% and whats wrong with my sperm in the new one any advise on improving the sperm
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Motility might vary little bit in each sample of semen though you have normal motiity.

2) Your present motility is not bad it just little below average. This is enough to father a child especially when your previous motility is good.

3) I suggest you repeat the semen analysis in a different and reputed centre after one week to cross check present report authenticity.

4) If still problem persists, please get anti oxidant medicined prescribed by your doctor.

5) Other parameters look good and not to worry.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Follow-up: Had a semen analysis test. Motility was 69% in previous test. Advise on improving the sperm 49 minutes later
Thanks doctor...I would like for u to emphasize more on my results because some of them like semen ph,abnormal forms,motility and motility score show "out range" when should I really worry? And I forgot to mention culture-routine says normal skin flora no pathogens isolated light growth.. What does it mean..color semen is opaq what does it mean please ? I had 3 tests before with low morphology up to12% the urologist said I had infection in the sperm but gave me medicine I took another test 3 months ago my results were great motility was 55 a d all other category's were good almost nothing was out of range
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Normal values

Detailed Answer:

Semen pH normal value should be more than 7.2, normal forms should be more than 4 %, Normal colour is opaque only. Hence all your parameters are normal as per normal values comparison.

Culture has no pathogens means there is no infection and its absolutely fine. Nothing to worry.

Morphology should be more than 4% and you have it. Absolutely normal.

I told about motility already that it could be error. Repeat it after a week. It should be fine. Even present motility is not very bad.

Follow-up: Had a semen analysis test. Motility was 69% in previous test. Advise on improving the sperm 2 days later
Hello dr I showed my urologist dr my results he told me I had low motility because I had infection he prescribed me :levofloxacin 500 mg.. One tablet for five you think I got my infection out of natural causes or fom my wife cause she has always had infection..and how could this medication help me
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Semen culture and sensitivity test

Detailed Answer:

The infection you have is very mild and that may not be cause for low motility. If you really want to check if you have infection, please get semen culture and sensitivity test done before starting antibiotics he has given. Test will show if you have infection, which organism and which drugs are good for it.