Had a recent ECG following an episode of twitching leg muscles and rapid heart rate. Findings?

Critical Care Specialist
I had a recent ECG following an episode of twitching leg muscles and rapid hear rate. (Palpitations which subsided within two hours. This occurred while I was being treated with Cipro for ut infection. My ECG result was "Borderline right axis deviation (QRS axis 81, 90)
Sinus rhythm normal Axis Rate 50-99. "Otherwise normal ECG
Does this need follow up with cardiologist?
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 2 hours later

Hello Dmeyer
Normal Axis on ECG lies between 0 to 90 degree. Deviation from more than 90 degree is called right axis deviation. Your Axis is between 81 to 90 which is absolutely normal. Sinus rhythm means your heart is beating normally and doesn't have any abnormal beat.
Yes ciprofloxacin can cause palpitation, Angina and some time supra ventricular tachycardia and abnormal heart rhythm. Palpitation could be due to ciprofloxacin intake. There is no need to follow up with cardiologist for transient palpitation which was most probably due to ciprofloxacin.
Hope this answers your question.
Let me know if you have any more queries.
Dr Sadiq