Had a lumber puncture. On diconal and lithium. Are they safe?

hi i have been taking diconal for my back pains but i also take lithium please can u tell me if this is ok to do this, i dont know if this is related this is why im askin but i recently had to have a lumber puncture due to the pressure in my head been to high i keep getting headaches
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

Diconal is an opiod analgesic which is used in severe pain.

The lumbar puncture done to relieve your symptoms points towards normal pressure hydrocephalus. It is known to cause severe headaches.

Lithium and Diclonal can be taken together, there are no known interactions between them.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you good health