Had a colonoscopy done. Noticed red ring on abdomen. Could this be due to colonoscopy or anesthesia?

I had a colonoscopy yesterday, i now have a red ring on my abdomen the size of a half-dollar clear in the center. no itching, pain or scaling..could this be a result of the colonoscopy? or the anesthesia...i had two small polyps removed....
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
There is no connection between appearance of this circular non itchy patch on your abdominal skin and colonoscopy,you underwent.
Although non itchy at the moment but it could be a ringworm infection or it could be because of some pressure on your skin caused by some ring like structure, for example,like button of your shirt.
Just wait and watch.
Consult a dermatologist,if it grows or produces some symptoms.
Nothing is to be done at the moment.

Please do revert to me if there is any thing more to ask.
Best of luck