Had a bump on head after hitting to door. Suggested this is the way my head is. Concerning?

Nov 2013

Hello. I noticed about 7 months ago I had a bump on my head. Not a cyst. You can't see it but only feel it. It's on the top of my head near my part. I remember in september hitting my head on the top of my truck door while getting the car seat out. But never felt my head to see if there was an actual bump there . I guess this would Be in the general area. Its Very suttle about 1-1.5 cm, doesn't move. My dr looked at it and she just thinks its the way my head is. Does this sound concerning? I cannot feel it on the other side.
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 20 days later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms are not suggestive of any serious XXXXXXX brain problem.

What you are describing could have been a small scalp hematoma (bleeding underneath the skin over the skull bone) when you got hit a few months ago. Over time, the hematoma resolves on its own, but a swelling feeling may remain for longer.

At this point, no treatment is necessary and there is no need to worry about it.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist