Had a baby recently. Missed periods. Have dizziness, nausea but HPT negative. Can I still be pregnant?
User rating for this question
I had a baby 8 months ago. I have now skipped 2 periods which are usually regular. I have been extremely tired, nauseous, and dizzy, but home pregnancy tests have been negative. Is it possible I am still pregnant or are my hormones just really off.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Blood test for pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possibilities in your case are : - As your menstrual cycles started after delivery, there is possibility of ovulation. And as you are not using any contraceptive method, if you had intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is possibility of pregnancy. Sometimes urine pregnancy test kit may not detect early pregnancy. -During lactation period, some amount of hormonal fluctuation is common. And that can lead to amenorrhea. So, consult gynecologist once and get examined. Go for blood test for pregnancy with her advice. If the test comes negative, the possibility of pregnancy is very less. And you can go for symptomatic treatment and tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding with your doctor's advice. Better to use some regular contraceptive method after attaining withdrawal bleeding. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
People also viewed
- Use of susten 100 mg twice
- Duphaston 10mg for conceiving
- Emeset injection kid 12 month vomit
- Periods due hpt negative had sex pregnant
- Smoking effects on jaundice
- Negative effects of javex
- Duphaston 10mg to be taken with meals
- Mode of action naturogest 100mg
- Effect of menopause on sacroiliac joint
- Missed periods hpt negative cramps took duphaston pregnant
- Side effects of jaiphal
- Missed period negative hpt
- I missed my period still negative hpt
- Iv orofer side effects
- Early period light nausea dizziness negative hpt