Had a baby recently. Missed periods. Have dizziness, nausea but HPT negative. Can I still be pregnant?

May 2013
I had a baby 8 months ago. I have now skipped 2 periods which are usually regular. I have been extremely tired, nauseous, and dizzy, but home pregnancy tests have been negative. Is it possible I am still pregnant or are my hormones just really off.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Blood test for pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possibilities in your case are : - As your menstrual cycles started after delivery, there is possibility of ovulation. And as you are not using any contraceptive method, if you had intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is possibility of pregnancy. Sometimes urine pregnancy test kit may not detect early pregnancy. -During lactation period, some amount of hormonal fluctuation is common. And that can lead to amenorrhea. So, consult gynecologist once and get examined. Go for blood test for pregnancy with her advice. If the test comes negative, the possibility of pregnancy is very less. And you can go for symptomatic treatment and tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding with your doctor's advice. Better to use some regular contraceptive method after attaining withdrawal bleeding. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.