Had Pap test normal except for dry cell tissue. Suggested to take estrogen and repeat test. Suggest?

had a pap test.came back normal except for cell tissue was to dry to test. doctor suggest that I take estrogen and repeat test is 6 weeks. why

Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 minutes later

At 66, you are most definitely post menopausal; hence due to lack of estrogen there is often some vaginal dryness These are age related changes and nothing to worry about. In most women no treatment is required unless there is discomfort .

In your case the dry cells are somewhat difficult to see during the pap test, so your doctor has suggested that you repeat the test after 6 weeks.

Some topical estrogen cream application will relieve the dryness and test will be conclusive.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need clarification.