Ask a Urologist   »  

Had ITP and knee arthritis. Have urinary incontinence and coughing up red sputum. Treatment?

I was diagnosed with ITP(progressive purpura with petichae) IN 1990, ALONG WITH PALMAR PUSTULAR PSORIASIS, AND MANY ACKTINIC KERATOSIS, SQUAMOUS CELL CARCINOMA. WAS TREATED VERY WELL BY DERM A TOLOGIST BUT THEN LATER SHE MOVED OUT OF COUNTRY. i Hve been unable to find a new doc. This happened 3 years after my first husband died on the job and my son was 6 years old. I had no life insurance but my husband had supported my education so I had a MSTER'S DEGREE AND could earn good money. \in 2006 I got severe knee arthritis and had to go on a special clinical trial program for psoriatric arthritis. 14 years after first husband died I met another teacher while studying in England. He died in Dec. 2011 suddenly without warning. My son seemed to have his anxiety go thru the roof when XXXXXXX and i married. now i am really sick. XXXXXXX this year told kidneys functioning at 15%. very little friends or family support. in hospital for 8 weeks or more. ver confused had been diabetic now not, sever urinary incontinence,cough up deep red rock like mucous, severe arthritis limited mobility
massive headahes
house will be going under foreclosure.
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

I really feel sorry for you as you are going through very tough times.

Complications like renal failure, Urinary incontinence are common in long standing diabetes.

If the sputum has bright red color then it could be due to conditions like Tuberculosis, bronchiectasis, pulmonary infarction etc. If the sputum is dark red in color then it could be due to an upper Gastrointestinal bleed.

I would like to know whether you were diagnosed diabetic. If yes, when were you diagnosed?

Also please do specify about what you want to know from me, how can I be of help here?

Waiting for your response,