Had Cardiogenic shock after Aorta bifemoral bypass surgery. What were the survival chances?

Cardiac Surgeon
My husband had Aorta bifemoral bypass surgery took 8 hours, did fine but after surgery went into cardiogenic shock, could doctors have done more to save him?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Joan F. Tryzelaar 21 hours later

The two reasons for this to happen are 1) a heart attack (MI), with or w/o an arrhythmia such as VF 2) bleeding 3) a combination of the two and 4) a complication of the anestesia. The most common cause of an MI is often unknown coronary artery disease (CAD), very common in these type of patients.
W/o that information I cannot be more detailed.
You may want to read more about a heart attack, CAD and arrhythmias here:

I am available for your follow ups , please write back if any.

Dr T