HPT showed negative results. Why have I delayed periods and extreme nausea?

I am 22 years old and my weight is 190. I am 9 days late for my period and for the past two weeks I have been extremely nausea and sleepy I took some at home pregnancy test and they keep saying not pregnant
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 28 minutes later

Its too early to confirm pregnancy from the clinical signs you have.

You can wait for another week and repeat the urine pregnancy test. At the same time, use a different brand of the test than the one you used before.

If the test is negative even after a week, then you may be having a hormonal imbalance resulting is amenorrhea. In such cases, an ultrasound and a hormone profile should be done. There are medications to get your menses once possible pregnancy is ruled out.

Hope this answers your query. Please do get back to me if you have further queries.

Follow-up: HPT showed negative results. Why have I delayed periods and extreme nausea? 5 hours later
Another thing for the past week when i go to the bathroom and wipe i have a clear looking slim is that normal or does it help explain what is wrong
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 14 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

White or colorless discharge is normal at different times of the menstrual cycle.

Its often seen before the expected period also. So if your test is negative again, then you may get your period anyday soon.

Sometimes, in infection, there may be white discharge. But there will be associated symptoms like copious discharge with bad odour, itching etc. I have not mentioned these symptoms.

So in your case, it looks normal. You can consult your Gynecologist if you develop above mentioned symptoms.

Maintain general hygiene practice. Keep the area clean and dry.

Hope, this answers your query.

Wish you good health.