Got stung by yellow jacket near neck. Feeling swollen and sore. Remedy?

I got stung by a yellow jacket two days ago on my neck and now I have a swollen lymph node that is swollen and sore

Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your response. Lymph nodes get enlarged and painful as a result from inflammation; in your case, you encountered the offense of a sting, and this caused an inflammatory cascade reflected in that way. As the inflammation of the area resolves, the pain and swelling of the node should also regress gradually.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN