Got stung and have swelling around red bite. Should I be concerned?

When I was pulling weeds last evening I got stung by something, I didn't see what the insect was. It really hurt leaving a swelling around a red bite XXXXXXX the swelling looked like a Mosquito bite. Today it is swollen and red. I've been stung by bees before but I don't remember the initial sting hurting that badly and how long the swelling lasted. I'm hoping it was just a bee sting and not something else. Should I be concerned?
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 11 minutes later
Hi there,

Welcome to healthcare Magic.

I am suspecting it would possibly be a wasp sting. Do not worry about it. Start using Anti-Histaminic drugs that are available OTC like Chlorpheniramine, fexofenidine or Levocetirizine . If there is persistent redness, swelling or any ulcer that develops at that site of bite, consult your Physician.

If you have any further queries,please let me know.