Got positive for cocaine in hair folicke test. Took ciprolaxlin etodolac and azithromycin before test. Will it affect the test?

Hi I have a question I took a hair folicke test a week ago and cane back positive for cocain ive never used cocain before but ive been takin some meds lately could it be a possibility that the meds I was taking caused the false test the meds are ciprolaxlin etodolac and azithromycin
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 3 hours later

Thanks for the query

The drugs you have taken are antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory drug. It does not cause positive cocaine results.

Hair follicle test may have produced false positive result sometimes in individuals who never touched drugs however taken some foods like XXXXXXX seed pastries or some other herbal product that may contain such ingredients.

Please check if you have taken any such products; if you haven't taken anything like those and the result is false positive one, then I suggest you to repeat the test.

Hope this answers your query. If you still have some queries, feel free to ask