Got normal periods after taking plan B. Started pain in sides and breast. What to do?

hi i had took plain b one step about a month ago annd have goten my normal period but i am haveing pains in my sides and breast i took amocxcillian 3 times too
Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 3 hours later
Thanks for consulting us.
Breast pain is very common in women during their child bearing years, especially during the weeks before periods. However if it persistent & bothering you, you must see a doctor to get yourself evaluated ( I mean get your breast examined to rule out any pathology).
Pain in loins may indicate a pelvic infection especially if you are having a vaginal discharge as well. I suggest you should see a Gynecologist get a pelvic scan done along with a pelvic examination to rule out this possibility. If there is evidence of infection your doctor will give you medicine to treat it.
Amoxicillin is not a solution for breast pains or pain in loins. It is definitely not a good choice of antibiotic for pelvic infection.
Hope I have given you some helpful tips please write back if you have any other concerns.
Wish you good health.