Got missed heartbeat in ECG. Any serious issue?

Cardiologist, Interventional
2 months back, i undergone master health checkup. as part of this they did ECG also. it was observed that, there is a missing heartbeat for every 8-10 seconds. Later I consulted a cardiologist, he asked me about any symptoms and any generic problems. But I was not having any problem as of now. He told me to ignore the ECG findings and it is of no reason some time there will be missing heart beat. Please suggest me what could be the problem and what else can be done.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 1 hour later
Hello and welcome

As per your history, you have undergone health check up. Was a TMT (Tread mill test) done? Normally less than 6 missing beat can be ignored. But before that, you should undergo HOLTER monitoring test to see for any ECG changes during 24 hour holter test.

You can ask your cardiologist regarding the test.
Thank you for your query.

Follow-up: Got missed heartbeat in ECG. Any serious issue? 55 minutes later
i had done the TMT 2 months before the ECG was done for an insurance. there was no problem in the TMT and Insurance company reduced the premium after the results of TMT and other tests. What is this HOLTER moniotoring test?
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 2 hours later

That is fine that your TMT is good. Holter is just like ECG which continue for 24 hour. It records ECG of your heart for 24 hours. That will record your total number of missed beats in last 24 hours.

Hope I have answered your query. let me kow if I can assist you further.

Thank you.

Follow-up: Got missed heartbeat in ECG. Any serious issue? 28 minutes later
Thanks for your reply sir. it helps me.
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 54 minutes later

You are welcome. I will be happy to answer you in future.

Thank you.