Got massage from shemale, hot flashes, loose stools, swollen neck, ankle sore. What is my risk of HIV?

Sexologist
Question
hi im worried about hiv i had a massage with a shemale we were both nude body to body massage on my back side there was no sex no penatration his penis was not even erect but it did touch my anus a few hours later i started having hot flashes a few days later i had two very lose stools no fever but fealt heat the back of my neck seams swolen i haven't had a rash but i had a soar come up just above my ankle it was painful what is my risk of hiv?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 15 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thank you for your query .

You are much worried about HIV infection.

The symptoms you wrote above are not of HIV infection.

HIV is transmitted by body fluids.

The chance of HIV infection from this shemale is negligible as you told there is no anal intercourse has occured.

The symptoms which you described may be due to anxiety. Nothing to worry about HIV infection.

Hope I cleared your doubt. I am still available for follow up.

Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY

Follow-up: Got massage from shemale, hot flashes, loose stools, swollen neck, ankle sore. What is my risk of HIV? 17 hours later
hi i just got a small itche bump on my arm could this be hiv rash?

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 9 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

When was your exposure, i.e. the massage with the she male?

HIV infection as such will not show any symptoms. The symptoms of HIV/AIDS are due to decreased immunity caused by the HIV virus. The opportunistic pathogens like Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Candida albicans etc becomes pathogenic and show the symptoms of its disease.

The possibility of contracting HIV through the abovesaid exposure is somewhat impossible.

The itch bump on your underarm may be due to fungal/bacterial infection.

I hope, I have answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Regards.

Follow-up: Got massage from shemale, hot flashes, loose stools, swollen neck, ankle sore. What is my risk of HIV? 7 hours later
hi the massage was on september 22 2011 about 20 days ago the red little bump is very itchy
oh i for got to put that i been taking alprazolam 05 mg twice a day

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 6 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for the follow up.

Do not be worried about HIV. By mere touching you will not transmit the disease.

Even by kissing, the chance of transmission is very less.

It is nice that you are taking alprazolam. It shall relieve your anxiety.

The itchy bump is not at all associated with your exposure.

Hope I have cleared your query well.

regards

Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY