Got less period than normal. Have nausea and abdominal pain. reason?

Hi, my period was to days late, started and lasted only two days instead of four and was not as heavy. About a day and a half later I was having brown discharge and the next day pinkish spotting. I have been having nausea a lot, dizzy spells and abdominal pain off and on. Could you help me?
Posted Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later
A decreased amount of bleeding with a brownish and pinkish spotting is not likely to be due to pregnancy. The symptoms are more likely to be due to a hormonal disturbance or stress.
The feeling of nausea, dizzy spells and mild abdominal pain could be related to mild intestinal infection which can be taken care of by taking over the counter anti spasmodics and a light easy to digest diet.
To rule out pregnancy for sure, you can do a urine test using a kit available at all the pharmacies.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.