Got insect bite on hands. Swelling and numbness spreading. Not cured by medication. Should I be worried?

Jan 2013

Hi. I got an insect bite on my hand 24hours ago. The area around the bite has become very swollen and numb. I have used itch cream and an antiseptic cream but the swelling seems to be spreading and the numbness is spreading to my fingers. Should I be worried?
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later

After insect bite, inflammatory changes occurs at local site. Extent of injury depends on the spread of poison. Although this is limited and may me harmful with in hour if anaphylactic shock occurs.

You should consult with physician and should take anti-inlfammtory/ antipyretics medicine,anti histaminics, and some times steroid also on written prescription.

Take care,

Dr. Mayank Bhargava