Got hit on the nose. Its hurting, head pain and exhausted. What should I do?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi I got hit really hard in the nose with a soccer ball last night. It was a shock for sure but only bled a little. About an hour later I felt fine but today it's really hurting and my head itself is in a lot of pain and I feel exhausted and weak. What does this mean slash should I do?
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 24 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for query.

This mechanism can rarely cause serious injury and this is just temporary symptom. There is probably swelling in face soft tissue,nose and sinuses which cause headache, breathing problems and fatigue. But it will pass in XXXXXXX 2-3 days when swelling pulls back.

Also if there is some minor brain concussion, this also shouldn't be serious. You just need to rest in dark room, avoid light, noise and smoky areas. Drink plenty of fluids and eat easier food for next few days. Take some of the nonsteroidal painkillers for pain.

If you experience nausea, vomiting, tingling in neck and arms,breathing difficulties or any other strange symptom, you should visit doctor.

Wish you good health.