Got high BP. Blood, urine, Xray, ECG all tests normal. What could be the reason?

From XXXXXXX 26 to Feb 22 2013, i was in hospital - Coimbatore to assist my father in law since he was admitted in ICU for Hear surgery, so the sleeping time was disturbed like 11pm to 4am only got the opportunity to sleep, some time that also got disturbed
but now i came back to chennai on 24th Feb 2013, but till now i could not able to get the XXXXXXX sleep like minimum 6 to 7hrs what i had before XXXXXXX 26 2013.
due to this my BP gone upto 140/100 then the doctor advised to take sleeping dose of ATIVAN - 1mg for 10days, but the same was continued then i tried to sleep with out medicine due to fear, as per advice my blood, urine,Xray,ECG all were taken the values are normal except TSH because the normal value is 5 but for me 9.22
my review date is again 12.03.2013
still i didnt get the proper sleep, so will it give more impact/ what could be the reason/
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 7 hours later

Since you had a stressful period in recent few days that is affecting your sleeping pattern. You are having anxiety because of which you are not able to sleep.
TSH levels can be increased during stress,so dont worry.Repeat your TSH levels after one month again.

Try XXXXXXX breathing exercise. This will help to relieve stress. Go for morning walk. Breathing fresh air will also make you feel relaxed. Do things which you like just like listening to music, playing with childrens. Dont sleep in afternoon. Eat small frequent meals at regular interval. Drink plenty of oral fluids.

Try all this things & you will surely get a good night sleep. You can continue taking Ativan tablet for 10 days at bedtime, if you are still not able to relax. Most importantly do things that makes you feel relaxed. So dont worry. Give yourself & your body time to relax.

I hope i have answered your query. In case you have any further doubt i will be happy to help you.
Follow-up: Got high BP. Blood, urine, Xray, ECG all tests normal. What could be the reason? 3 hours later
Thank u Dr XXXXXXX unfortunately during my question instead of male female was selected. Anyway now I am happy started to hear songs
thank u have a good day
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 3 hours later
It's good to hear that you are happy now. Henceforth whenever you feel stressed out just focus on your breath. You will feel better. Do check your TSH level after 1 month.