Got a penile injury. How to get rid of pain?

Dec 2012

bumped the head of my dick while it was hard now its ultra sensitive and hurts when anything touches it, can't even walk without being in pain as it rubs against my underwear. Is there anything I can do?
it was a little lightly sensitive in some areas before that it was just an annoying feeling but now its painful,
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can home-treat mild traumatic penile injury

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

From your description, you are suffering from mild traumatic penile injury which does not require much treatment besides managing the pain (even at home level). It is simply sensitive to touch or painful probably because of mild micro-bruising. What you will need to do is avoid getting it to touch anything rough. When you are at home, you could take cold ice packs then rap around when resting then get fine gauze packs and rap around your penis when you are about to go out. The rapping should be in such a way as not to inconvenient you but rather present contact with other surfaces such as your underwear or thighs. Also use of oral or local analgesia can help greatly with the pain and you may get some over-the-counter (try ibuprofen, diclofenac, acetaminophen etc).
It is also possible that infection could be responsible for aggravating your conditions in that case, you will need to see a doctor for evaluation and provision of a script for antibiotics.
Patience is the key to your treatment. It is clear that with time it will heal completely but do not precipitate and apply any harsh substances or soaps or any other lotions that you are not sure about that could instead aggravate the sensitivity hence pain.

Hope this helps and wish you the best. Do feel free to write any follow-up queries.
Dr. Nsah