Gonorrhea, sore penis, shivers, aches, sore stomach, black excreta. Suggest?

I was dognosed with Gonorrhea July 26th and I believe I contracted it XXXXXXX 21st as I got symptoms (a soreness of the tip of my penis) 10 days after that. Since the date i believe I got infected, I've had other conditions July15-16th Chills, shaking, aches all over and a sore stomach. (My wife had the same symptoms about 2 weeks later (just now). I have also had on and off the runs and my stool is a black colour. Could this be related to gonorrhea?
I also slept with someone in Feb but had no symptoms that I noticed until 10 days after the last time as previously mentioned. What are the chances I could have become infected back then?
I am terrified of telling my wife because I believe she will leave me. Once I'm treated, I assume the chances of getting quickly reinfected if she does have it are very high. Does this delay of an additional month or so pose significant risk to her? The risk of upsetting our lives with this for ever is also a factor I have to weigh.
Please let me know on all three points.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 37 minutes later

Passing black colored stools is not related to gonorrhea infection.

Black stools indicate bleeding in the upper GI tract like gastric ulcers, intestinal worm infestation, etc. The cause needs to be ruled out separately with the help of your physician after proper investigations.

You had a sexual intercourse with someone in February. That is least likely to cause the symptoms of gonorrhea now- five months later.

Your wife may also be suffering from the same infection and ideally you both should take treatment simultaneously for full cure.

The infection does not have any life threatening complications and you can wait for one month and save your marriage.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Gonorrhea, sore penis, shivers, aches, sore stomach, black excreta. Suggest? 33 minutes later
thanks, so what about the Chills, shaking, pain in my limbs and back (to be more specific) and low level pain in my tummy? She has the same symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

All these symptoms are only associated symptoms and these will go away over a period of time.

Prolonged infection or tiredness or anxiety may also lead to all these symptoms.

Proper antibiotic treatment and mild pain killers like acetaminophen will help in improving your symptoms.

Also maintain good nutrition status, do regular exercise.

Hope my answer is helpful.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Gonorrhea, sore penis, shivers, aches, sore stomach, black excreta. Suggest? 2 days later
Thanks, Finally, is it common for gonorrhea symptoms to come and go or once started, or do they tend to persist / get worse?

Just interested generally as the soreness in my penis only lasted a few days although the redness inside remained to a degree.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
The symptoms of gonorrhea are more prominent in females as compared to males. The symptoms do decrease in males but are less likely to decrease in females.
In most of the males it is asymptomatic.
Happy to help you always.