Going through peri menopause. Experiencing symptoms. Suggested Kliovance. How long should I take medicines?

Mar 2016

Hi I am 51 y.o. and going through perimenopause. I have been experiencing many symptoms for 4 years, my gyno suggested I try Kliovance to help me get through this. I would like to know how long Kliovance takes to work and is it usual to feel unsettled until drug settles?

Thanks, much appreciated.
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

KLIOVANCE contains Estradiol hemihydrate and norethisterone acetate as active ingredients and it is used to treat menopausal symptoms including osteoporosis.

1) Hormonal medicine takes time 1 to 2 months to work perfectly and till the body is adjusted with that.

2) Yes, you will get some undesirable side effects or feel unsettled for initial few months until the drug effects properly.

In addition, natural estrogen containing dietary supplements like soy, beans, peas, lentils, whole grains, rye, millet etc are quite useful. Drink more water or fluid and take balanced diet with calcium supplements.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through