Given meftal spas to child instead of meftal P. Has fever and stomach pain. Suggest?

I have given meftal spas to my 3 year old instead of meftal was a I need to take him to a doctor?
if not can I give him meftal p now...half an hour later after giving meftal spas.....he has fever 101 and complained of stomach pain only once in the morning 15 hrs back.
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 20 minutes later

I understand your concern.

Relax..there is nothing to worry.
Meftal spas has dicyclomine which is antispasmodic.
Medtal p is mefenemic acid which is analgesic and antipyretic.

Since now he is having fever 101F , I suggest you to give paracetamol as per dosage and in case it does not subside or rises above 102F.then you can give meftal p.
Give plenty of fluids.
Do tepid sponging .
In case symptoms do not subside get him examined by pediatrician to look for any focus of infection and treat accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query,in case you have any other question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless....