Ask a Urologist   »  

Getting white colored urine discharge and getting fainted. How to diagnose the problem?

Jul 2016

Sir, Good Evening. my brother having pecular problem. He 40 yrs old in 1999 he started getting white colored urine discharge some times. One day early morning around 3am he fallen down and became un contious after sometime himself became contious. Used some medicines where as there is no good result condition remained the white urine discharge became regular. in 2009 he was passing urine in the early morning around 3am and fallen down after some time he became contious. consulted doctors and taken treatment for few months. But white colored thick curd like urine getting discharged. Again in 2013 last month he again fallen down around 3am while passing urine and was un contious after some time he became contious. This time he had severed wounds due to sudden fall. Some stiches on face, lips nose. We are not able understand what may be disease to which doctor need to be consulted. Pl advise based on above history.
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have what is termed as Chyluria.(Presence of Lymph and fat on Urine,

This is due parasitic infection caused by Parasite Wuchereriia Bancro fti.This can be confirmed by a simple test called Ether Test (After adding equal quantity of ether in urine sample urine becomes clear) Please take medication like Diethylcarbamazine thrice daily for three weeks it will get cured .Visit your family physician for prescription of the drug.

As regards fainting attacks that he gets, considering the transient nature of the attack it is most likely a neurogenic or vasovagal shock Please consult qualified Neurologist for evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query.Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Follow-up: Getting white colored urine discharge and getting fainted. How to diagnose the problem? 4 hours later

Thq so much for the information and educating me. As far as faint of my brother, is there any potential threat of seriousness. Can this be curable.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later

Since it is a transient episode that happened after 10 years and without any other symptoms of neurological disease, it does not have any significance. However it is better to consult qualified Neurologist - even a negative findings will help to allay your anxiety and relieve tension.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other concerns.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Thanks with Regards.