Getting watery white discharge, burning vagina, tingling sensation above butt crack. Any ideas?

Excellent

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
i am 23 year old female and weigh 100 pounds. I get a tingly feeling right above my butt crack and all the way down to my butt and down my legs all hours of the day. I get small scabs right above my butt crack too, which are itchy sometimes. They are not blisters. Also, this has been going on for three months. Sometimes it will go away for a few hours and then come back again. I had unprotected sex once...and then got a blood test for herpes four months later which came back negative as they found no antibodies in my system. However, i used to have watery white discharge and a burning feeling in my vagina for about a year. I got tested for everything and it came back negative. Do you have any idea what may be going on?
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later

Negative blood reports 4 months after your unprotected contact rules out the possibility of HIV and Syphilis - the most endangered STD's. So you can relax.

Tingling sensation is common with Herpes simplex infection. But as you never had any type of vesicular lesions or blister and the problem persists for more than three months, I would rule out herpes simplex infection also.

So your problem of tingling sensation over your buttock area is not at all due any STD or related to your unprotected exposure. Therefore the possibilities are:
1. As the tingling sensation extends down up to your leg, any neurological problems have to be ruled out by a neurologist with the help of X rays, CT and MRI scans.
2. As you are having scabs over your natal cleft - eczema, intertrigo and fungal infections are to be ruled out. You have to consult a dermatologist also to get examined and for further management.
3. Regarding the watery discharge and burning sensation of your vagina, the discharge has to be examined in a medical laboratory and find out the reason for the discharge and treat the same. A yeast infection is a possibility in case watery discharge and burning sensation of vagina. This also will be taken care of by your dermatologist.

These are not very big issue and can be treated easily. You will be alright soon.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Getting watery white discharge, burning vagina, tingling sensation above butt crack. Any ideas? 29 minutes later
I was scared that it could be Herpes because it was a tingling sensation down my legs and right above my bum area. Since i got tested for that four months after the unprotected sex...does that mean its ruled out? Would the antibodies have shown up by then if it was Herpes? Also...when the burning was happening...I was tested for yeast and all Sti's including BV...everything came back negative. There also were no lesions inside my vagina either.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 28 hours later

I am very sorry for the delayed answer, as I was out of station.

As your tests for STI were negative even after four months, you need not worry about STI.

Herpes prodromal symptoms cannot be persistent for months together. So you forget about the same also.

You have to consult a neuro-physician and rule out any neurological lesion. Due to phobia and aversion to STI also, one can get sometimes, such a type of symptom.

Your physician will be able to guide you better.

Get well soon.

Hope you will be happy with these answers. If any more queries, please come out with the same.

Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Getting watery white discharge, burning vagina, tingling sensation above butt crack. Any ideas? 3 days later
Thank you so much! I appreciate your help

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 23 minutes later
You are welcome and thanks for your appreciation.
If there are no more questions, let us put an end to this conversation.
Dr S.Murugan