Getting swollen neck glands. Feeling sick and have headache. What can be the cause?

I have just moved into a new building for my business & i am getting swollen neck glands feeling on both sides of my neck. I feel sick & have a headache. It feels like there is a big weight on my head. I also feel tingly over all of my body. These symptoms are only when im in my office & after a few hours away from the office i start feeling better. Any ideas of what could be causing this? My office manager feels fine in the same office .
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You could be suffering from allergy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX,

Having gone through your query, i would like to know if you have any history of allergy in the past or any family history of allergy.

It seems you are reacting to some allergens in your office atmosphere as your symptoms are suggestive of allergy.

Try and keep the office environment as clean as possible with regular sunning of linen and allowing some fresh air to come in before entering the office.

You may try taking an antihistaminic like Levocetrizine and an antileucotrein like Monteleukast.

Above measures should help you otherwise you may consult a pulmonologist.
Follow-up: Getting swollen neck glands. Feeling sick and have headache. What can be the cause? 11 hours later
There is no history of allergies in my family. Could it be a reaction to cleaning chemicals? also i think polyurethane makes me sick. I also have a sore throat that i missed on first question. I have had the prick test done for allergies & it was all ok.
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be reaction to cleaning chemicals.

Detailed Answer:

Yes, it seems like reaction to something or the other. Any body can react to strong chemicals irrespective of having allergy or not.

The prick test may not check for a many substances that are not in common use.

You may try above measures which i feel will help.