Getting smelly white vaginal discharge. Suggest some effective medicine

I have liquid oozing out of my vagina sometimes. Its like a white discharge and sometimes smells bad. Is that a problem? Should I do something about it?
Are there any out of the counter medications that you recommend?
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 13 minutes later
Its quite possible that you have a vaginal infection.The type of infection needs to be determined. That can be done with the help of the a swab test. You will definitely need antibiotics. But its important to diagnose the type of infection for the correct antibiotic. Meanwhile keep good hygiene. Wash with betadine solution daily. Use candid pessary daily at night for a week. You may need oral antibiotics also but that would require a prescription. You should get the pessry over the counter though.I suggest you get examined so that the type of infection is determined first.