Getting reoccurring itchy rashes on stomach. What cure should be done?

I have a itchy rash that starts with itching and then the rash appears a day later. It is only on the left side of my stomach. A place around the size of my palm. It sometimes starts to itch as well between my breasts. I went to the doctor and was given a cream to apply. After a few days it clears up and will be gone for several weeks and then comes back. I never had this before March of this year, and now have had this happen 4 times since then.
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 54 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

The rash you are describing can be tinea carporis,scabies,contact dermatitis etc.

Also I would like to know-

Is it scaly?

Itching is more in day or more in night time?

Is your diabetes well controlled?

Can you upload photos of the affected skin?

Photos would be very helpful in predicting the condition.

Till than you can take tablet zyrtec for itching and apply calamine lotion over the skin.

Hope this helps.

Anticipating your response.

Any family member affected with similar complains?

Is it bumpy and reddish?does it have clear border?

Follow-up: Getting reoccurring itchy rashes on stomach. What cure should be done? 24 minutes later
The rash is worse with heat. My a1c is 6.1 so diabetes is under control. It does get bumpy and reddish, and is splotchy. It is not scaly, or rough in the area. No border really it just fades into the skin, flairs up in hot shower or if I get hot. I am not sure how to upload a photo here. The rash is in day 4 and at this point is all but gone.
Nobody else in the house has it, and it does not get worse at night, it is better after I am out of pants due to the heat.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 24 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for the details.

“You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.” Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as “Attention to Dr. Sudarshan”.

Your description suits the diagnosis of Urticaria which is precipitated by heat.

It is caused by release of HISTAMINE in body which causes itching and wheals.

Upload the photos and we can continue the discussion here.

Follow-up: Getting reoccurring itchy rashes on stomach. What cure should be done? 7 hours later
image attached
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 10 hours later
Hi again,

Ive gone through the images .

It can be a low grade fungal infection.

You need to apply clotrimazole cream or lamisil cream which is over the counter cream.

Apply it for 15 days twice daily.

This should get cleared by 15 days.

Then you can use Hydrocortisone cream after that to treat remaining dermatitis.

This should clear the problem.

Hope this helps.

I will be availble for follow up.