Getting regular periods. Waking up with cramps and diarrhoea. Could I be pregnant?

May 2013
hi my name is XXXXXXX and im 23 years old i just got off of my period 30 of last month and i was woundering if u could tell me if u think im pregnant because i will be waking up every morning with cramps and i will have diaherha for a couple of hours and my stumack is tender to the touch could i be pregnant
Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 40 minutes later

If you had your regular and normal period (in duration and flow) then there is less possibility for pregnancy.
Just by symptoms we cannot confirm the pregnancy as these type of symptoms can also be seen in other conditions like irritable bowel syndrome etc.
If you think that your period was abnormal like with shorter duration or with scanty flow etc better to check for pregnancy once.
Go for blood test or urine test for pregnancy which will clarify the doubt.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.