Getting rashes all over body due to skin allergy. What is the cure?

Hi Doctor, I have a specific type of Skin allergy, when ever i do some heavy work or walk out in sun i get small rashes all over my body which goes back in few mins or hours, i did Google on the symptoms and came up to this "Exercise Urticaria" in some of the forums, this is now on daily basis feels irritated, hence avoiding travel and any hard work which is increasing my obesity. please help and advise what needs to be done Thanks XXXX
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Cholinergic Utricaria.antihistamines. Water plenty Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. This is a rare form of allergic phenomenon. This is called as Exercise induced Allergy or Cholinergic Utricaria. This is a type of physical allergy. This disorder is classically characterized by a spectrum of symptoms occurring during physical activity that ranges from mild cutaneous signs to severe systemic manifestations such as hypotension, syncope and even death. It is proved that elevetion of plasma histamine on exposure to heat cause the allergy symptoms in these patients. Thus my advise is to 1. Avoid the exposure to Heat conditions like walking in sun, Cooking in high temperature, working near furnaces etc. 2. It is better to completely abstain the exercise 3. Always have anti histamines like cetrizine or Hydroxizine and Epi pen to manage the symptoms and life threatening conditions. 4. Take mast cell stabilizers like Montelukast on regular basis. Here i added some tips to have control have your weight. 1. Drink plenty of water. 2. Always count the calories what you eat. 3. Eat breakfast regularly. 4. Avoid fast foods and junk foods. 5. Do not eat in front of TV 6. Green tea is proved to be helpful in reducing weight. 7. Do not eat late night. Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries. Wishing you good health.