Getting pimples under skin. Not cured by acne medicine and advil. Suggest some medicine

I only get under the skin pimples. This morning the pimple wasn't bad, but like always, I attempted to get rid of it, and it spread. My entire left side of my face has the inflammatory pimple look. I tried icing it, using acne medicine, toothpaste, and advil. I know it will be gone in the morning but I need something to reduce the swelling quick. Please help, and give multiple options. My dad is a cardiologist, he didn't give me any quick fixes. I have to leave in 30 minutes for prom. Please help.
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later

Pimples can't subside in 30 mins. I am sorry about that.

As for the swelling you can take one antihistaminic like tab. Allegra one tablet. Please get it prescribed by your doctor.

Also you can start applying clindamycin gel on it twice a day.

Also application of Retin A cream once at night daily will be helpful.

Do let me know if you have more concerns.