Getting periods. Getting cramps in hand and saltiness in mouth. What is wrong?

Question persiods are on and i am having a little cramp in my left hand and saltyness in the mouth
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

During the periods the level of estrogen hormone will drop .Estrogen is the hormone which is essential for many functions in the body.Hence, the low estrogen levels causes disturbance in the circulation and electrolyte balance.These disturbances are the cause for pains and salty taste of the saliva.

This will soon reduce once the periods stop.There would be no need for any special treatment.Do consume a well balanced diet XXXXXX with vitamins , this would suffice.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.