Getting periodic pain in lower back and lower abdomen. How to get relief?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
hi ihave pain in lower back and lower abdomen feels like labour or pariod pain and when i move hips pain shoots down leg iam female 40 ys old no other probs except ibs
Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later

I have read your query in detail. The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscular spasm.

Following measures will help with the pain
• Lie on a hard bed.
• Anti -inflammatory drugs like Tablet Motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily).
• Avoid forward bending.
• Avoid strenuous activity & lifting heavy weights.
• Apply diclofenac gel on the affected area. Warm compresses will also help.

I advice you to get it checked out by a gynaecologist to rule out any gynaecological cause.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.
Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.