Getting paranoid. Is there any problem in wiping a vibrator with lysol?

Question
if i wiped a vibrator with lysol can i get sick if i used it i used it and now im getting paranoid am i going to get poisoned
can you please message me asap i was under the impression it wouldnt take long but i cant wait 24 hrs my anxiety is starting to kick in worrying about it big time. I dont feel sick my anxiety is making me nervous i have extreme anxiety so i really need help please help me.
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 32 minutes later

Lysol contains alcohol as the principal ingredient. You have used it to wipe the vibrator. There is no harm in it.

I hope you used the vibrator only when it was completely dry after using Lysol it.

If the Lysol was still persistent on the vibrator then it could cause minor irritations on the areas where you used it and few blister kind of reactions.

If you do not have any of these, then please relax. It is not going to cause you any harm.

Just recall if you had left a gap of few minutes after wiping the vibrator with Lysol, before you used it. If yes, there is absolutely no need to panic or feel anxious.

Please do write back if you need clarifications, if any.

Follow-up: Getting paranoid. Is there any problem in wiping a vibrator with lysol? 5 minutes later
I used it probably a few minites after, after i used the lysol wipes i dried it off with a towel .. it went inside of me. I read a form and it said it will kill me that is why my anxiety is freaking me out. They said all it takes is a minute amount of alcohol to poison you. I dont have pain i have anxiousness from it in the even i will end up getting poison and im afraid to go to emergency because im so embarrassed. is there anyway that i could be poisoned
because of the odd way i did that. i susally used a baby wipe i washed myself alot but im still so afraid. this has been about 2 hours. if i iwould have been sick would it have happened already or would it take time to get sick from this
im so scared and i wiped it but i dont know if for sure it was fully cleaned off.. i didnt use alot just a couple times i wiped it off.. im still freaked out i just want to make sure i wont die or get poison from it

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 minutes later

Thanks for reverting.

There is no way that Lysol can kill you. Please relax. Please do not believe on the internet posts blindly.

It does not poison you even if it is moderate amount; it can only cause the lesions as I said earlier.

Do not be embarrassed and there is no need for you to go to the ER.

There is absolutely no way that you could be poisoned by it. If there occurred anything like that, it should have definitely manifested by now and not farther than this time gap.

You can be rest assured that neither are you poisoned by it nor will you die of it.

Please take a short nap for a while. You will be fine soon.

Follow-up: Getting paranoid. Is there any problem in wiping a vibrator with lysol? 3 minutes later
Thank you for that.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 minutes later
Thank you too.

I wish you a good health.