Getting pain in rectum after orgasm. Noticed painless hard lump in the center front of testicle. What to do?

Question
am a 47 year old male. I have suffered from non-bacterial prostatitis since i was in my early 20's, Recently I notice a symptom that I had never had. During or after orgasm I get the most sever, spasm type pain that feels like it is up in the rectum, in the prostate area. It is so severe that I cannot move until it stops. It lasts from a few seconds, to a few minutes then subsides. The next several days I get the prostatitis type pain such as perineam soreness, especially when sitting, a fullness feeling in the rectum. I also just noticed a pin head sized painless hard lump pretty much in the center front of my left testicle. I have performed the testical exam by rolling it through my fingers and do not feel any lumps inside the tesicle. I went to a Dr. not a urologist and he really didn't feel what I am feeling and prescribed antibiotics for a week and said if it didn't get better to see a urologist. What do all these symptoms sound like to you? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX ,

Thanks for writing in.

The possibilities I can think of in your case are
1.Epididymitis(inflammation of the epididymis)
2.Epididymo-Orchitis(inflammation of the epididymis and the testis)
3.Prostatitis.

One of the symptoms of prostatitis is the spasm type of pain after ejaculation.

The small lump you felt in your testis could be due to the infection/inflammation.Do not worry about it. It should come down once the infection is treated with antibiotics.

In case your symptoms do not get better, do visit a urologist.

Meanwhile I would advise you to abstain from sexual intercouse till you get better.

Once you get better, follow healthy sexual practices which include good hygiene, washing genital area before and after intercourse. Use a condom which minimises the chances of sexually transmitted diseases.

Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins.

Hope I have answered your question. In case you have any further queries, I will be happy to answer them.

Get well soon.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan.

Follow-up: Getting pain in rectum after orgasm. Noticed painless hard lump in the center front of testicle. What to do? 10 hours later
Thank you so much for your reply. Howver I do not have any pain associated with the lump. Like I said it is the size of a pin head and it is basically in attached to the front of my left testicle. Where the midline is that separates the right and left. When you move the left testicle out then you can feel the pin head sized lump. A sight bit of graininess around it as well. No a free moveable lump and not attached to the scrotum. Just attached to the testicle. On the other part. They have never bound bacteria in any of my urine samples or prostate secretions so I can't imagine it being an infection. What is some what of concern is that I have a pea sized supraclival lymph node that I have showed to my family doc. and an ENT. I had different opions. One says it is caused by where the ligament attaches to the muscle the other says it is brachial plexus/muscle injury because I have had neck pain and stiffness on the right side for over 6 months. I am propably a paranoid hypochondriac who worries about everything and now I am concerned that the lymph node on my neck could be caused by testicular cancer etc. Whatever it is i feel in my neck is not as hard an it is a little moveable. Problem is when I saw the dr's for this I hadn't noticed the testicular lump. Could they be related. And I never knew non-bacterial prostatitis could cause that much pain up inside the rectum during and after orgasm. I always thought when i read that symptom it referred to pain in the penis as the fluid was leaving. I have had no sex partners. This has happened only during masturbation I couldn't have an infection from that. Sorry for the long follow up question. Just a worrier with all this stuff going on. Your opion again would be greatly appreciated. You have been very helpful so far and I thank you for that.

Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 17 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Please continue the course of antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor, and if your condition doesn't improve,please visit a urologist who will be more well versed in his specialised field. Tell the urologist about your concerns, what you are worried about. I'm definitely sure that he/she will be able to help you out.

Meanwhile , complete the course of antibiotic,. The pin sized lump could be anything from an infected hair follicle, some underlying infection( not necessarily STD), or it could be a spermatocoele. If all your problems subside with the antibiotic, well and good.

I feel your personality is that of an anxious nature. In addition to your visit to your urologist (if necessary) to help you allay your fears about testicular cancer, and supraclavicular lymph node; it would be better if you could sign up for yoga classes or meditation. It might help you to relax and de-stress.

Hope this helps.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan

Follow-up: Getting pain in rectum after orgasm. Noticed painless hard lump in the center front of testicle. What to do? 4 hours later
You are probably correct. Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

You are welcome. Get well soon.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan